Small and difficult-to-access surfaces are often underestimated as source of contamination and infection. Here, wipe disinfection is ideally complemented by a spray/wipe disinfection and spray disinfection, respectively1, 2, 3 with an alcohol-based rapid disinfectant.
To preclude any harm to health and, at the same time, ensure complete surface disinfection, the following points need to be considered:
- apply product directly to a dry cloth or spray surfaces from a short distance. This largely excludes the risk of inhaling droplets or aerosols during spraying.
- if possible, wipe surfaces or wipe them over after spraying, to ensure complete wetting.
- only spray disinfect surfaces, when wipe disinfection is not possible.
- alternatively, use an alcohol-based disinfection foam, as it does not develop droplets or aerosols.
- for surfaces coming into contact with products, e.g. in food processing areas, always use alcohol-based preparations that contain no additives and dry without leaving residue.